Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mckliny Blog Hop: Encouragement

I went through my pictures, and so many were encouraging. It was so hard to choose!
I finally narrowed it down to 4 pictures, 2 in which I will post about in this blog, and the other 2 in my other blog (www.thesooner7.blogspot.com).

Finding Encouragement in the Word



I find this picture encouraging because it shows hope. It shows that the hope in the world is found in the Word of God, and only God can give you the peace and hope you long for. I am encouraged by God's word, and my husband when he speaks from the Bible.

The fact that I can sit and read the Word of God and know that He is not done with me on this earth, and that He has His arms around me at all times, knowing what I need and when I need it, loving me and guiding me, allowing me to talk to Him in prayer, dying on the cross for my sins so that I can live with him eternally and giving me His Word so that I can share it with others...this is encouraging.



Encouragement for Others



These baskets are for those who find themselves with child and are confused. Maybe it was an unplanned pregnancy, maybe the father has already left, maybe they are children themselves, or maybe they just don't want to disappoint their families...whatever the case may be these are gifts for the mothers who carry these precious living beings in their wombs.

These are gifts of encouragement, they direct these women to specific places in the Scripture that shows them the sanctity of life and that God can help them overcome any obstacle. I hope that when these mothers receive these baskets they are encouraged by the love of others and the love of God.


MckLinky Blog Hop

Let's Do It!
Erin ;)

5 comments:

  1. First let me say "thank you" to Erin for posting the article about encouragement. It is wonderful to see and hear what encourages others.

    Ironically, my post is about encouragement also, and kudos.

    I want to let everyone (especially Mary) know that I am SO PROUD of Mary!! She bravely accepted my invitation to go walking yesterday evening, although it was very hot and humid. I must say that she is a real trooper, because she ended up walking the entire 3 mile trail even though I offered several times to turn around and head back to the cars and cut the walk short. She was very wise and walked at her own pace and rested when she needed to, but the exciting part for me (& I hope for her, too) is that she DID IT!!!

    I have promised her I won't ask her to walk in the extreme heat again (although it wasn't supposed to be quite that hot last night). We are planning on going to water aerobics tonight if everything works out.

    Go Mary, go Mary! Love you, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, my news this week isn't good, but then again I didn't expect it to be. I gained 1.6 lbs., so now I am back up a full 2 lbs. I refuse to give up, though. I took time last night to examine what specifically has been bothering me and what I need to do about it. I prayed, read my Bible, and then prayed some more this morning. I feel much better now, and more encouraged. I have been in the dumps about my upcoming job duties change because I am not looking forward to it. At my WW meeting last night, we talked about my predicament some and what I can do to get through it. I am so happy to have a solid support system in place, because it is at this time in my weight loss efforts that (in the past) I would've thrown in the towel. Now, however, I am ready to pull myself up by my bootstraps and move forward. Praise be to God for all He has done for me in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another decent week. I lost .8, and that is after stuffing my face all day Sunday & Monday with UNhealthy foods, and not being able to exercise because of my foot injuries. I did have sense enough to cut back on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday after binging on Sunday & Monday, so that probably is the only thing that saved me.

    Total loss is at 38.2 now, which is so very close to my "original" 39 a few weeks ago. I am a happy happy camper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well friends, my last two weigh ins have been discouraging. October 28 I gained .2 lbs., and November 5 I gained...are you ready for this, because I wasn't...9.2 lbs.!!!! MY GOODNESS!!! I knew I'd been off kilter for the week, but I was expecting a 5 lb. gain, not 9!!! I am certain some of it is water weight because it's the right time of the month for that, but it was still a horrible, horrible feeling when I saw +9.2 written down. Needless to say, I am back on the wagon full force today, and will re-start my exercise program tomorrow. I had been so please because I was getting so close to my first 50 lbs., & I've really dropped the ball. I am pretty much out of the stress at my job, however, so that is a positive thing and will help me stay on target. I am dreading the holidays a bit because there is so much delicious food everywhere, but I am determined to hit my 50 lb. goal by either December 31 or January 30 (my b-day). While I am shocked and mortified at such a tremendous gain in one week, I am not going to dwell on it to long or beat myself up because that just puts me back in the "mood" to binge eat, and binging is what got me to this point. So instead, I am going to chalk it up to experience, and use it to my advantage.

    I hope you ladies have been having a better couple of weeks than I have!

    Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit I have been so very quiet since my last post because I have not been doing well in my weight loss endeavors. Ironically, that is when I should be posting MORE, in order to get feedback and encouragement from my friends and family "in the know" about the struggles I am going through.

    Erin, it was SO good to see you, Jason, and the entire Sooner 7 at Christmas. You're really looking good, Erin!! I'm proud of you.

    Mary and I are starting back to our water aerobics classes, at least on Saturdays anyway. Due to her hectic schedule, this is the one day we can be "accountabilibuddies" for a day of exercise. Truthfully, I am ready for spring so I can start walking outdoors again. I just don't seem to do as well with exclusively indoor exercise.

    I will not be reaching my 50 lb. goal by my birthday, but that's ok. Again, I know what happens if I trash talk myself for my pitfalls.

    FYI, and off subject somewhat, I am currently reading "The Shack," which thus far is proving to be quite a good read. I have just completed the 10th chapter and can barely stand not being able to read while I'm at work. I am wondering if anyone else has read this book, and what your thoughts are on it?

    Happy New Year to all, and I hope we all accomplish our goals to the best of our ability this year.

    Love you all!!!

    ReplyDelete

We Love Hearing From You :)